First Aid at Work Re-Qualification
This 2-day First Aid at Work course is designed for those who currently hold a First Aid at Work qualification and are due to expire.
Please consider the following rules for attendance:
• A First Aider can renew their FAW qualification by attending a 2-day requalification course without question, if it’s within 1 month past the expiry date
• If the First Aider has lapsed by more than 1 month, but no longer than 3 months, then the First Aider can requalify by attending a 2-day course providing ‘Special considerations’ have been applied.
Special considerations are:
• A signed letter from the employer to the provider of the training stating the reasons why in their opinion, the First Aider is suitably experienced to attend a 2-day course and does not require a full 3-day FAW course
• A decision is made by the provider of the training after discussions with the employer, or the First Aider, and deciding that their previous experience is sufficient to attend a 2-day course.
• If the First Aider has lapsed beyond 3 months then they must attend a full 3-day FAW course
The important thing to remember is that as soon as the certificate expires, the First Aider is no longer considered competent to act as a First Aider in the workplace which may well leave the employer with a shortfall of First Aiders. Therefore, it would be prudent to arrange their requalification before they expire.